Sunday, August 17, 2008

Update

Last week I went to three doctor appointments. The new diagnosis is toxic labyrinthitis. This is a virus of the inner ear like they told me before just a little more intense. The ENT has me doing balance exercises which only make me more dizzy. I have a little hearing lose in the left ear which may or may not return to normal. I am still feeling off balance and weak but I am getting better. I cooked for the first time in two months yesterday! I woke up and made German Hotcakes for my family. I used to make them years ago before I was married and then a few days ago I was reading this blog (I can't remember how to make a link! Help Lisa!) and I saw how she made them in muffin tins and I thought it was a great idea. The boys loved them! It was such a nice breakfast. The weather was also perfect. I can almost feel Fall in the air. The mornings are getting colder! I can't wait Fall is my very favorite time of year!

I was thinking about the good things about being sick the other day because I was starting to feel really down. Here are some of the things I thought of:
1. I have not changed a dirty diaper in two months
2. I have not had to do dishes
3. I have not had to clean the house
4. I have not had to do laundry
5. I have not had to do grocery shopping
6. I have not had to drive
7. I have been able to take naps
8. I have caught up on my movie watching
9. I have not had to do yard work
10. I have not had to cook

My Mom and Sister have stepped up and have done all this dirty work for me! I have been very blessed to have them put their lives on hold so my life and my family's life could be as "normal" as possible. Now that being said, my sister is going back to grad school next week and will be off limits to me!

2 comments:

Emily Norman said...

Oh my goodness, you are so lucky!- no changing diapers, or doing dishes, or cleaning? No, I'm just kidding, I'm sure you'd trade your virus(?) for those things anyday! It sounds like you are doing better? I hope so! Hey, I know this is like a year in advance, but we might be coming down to ABQ next summer for about a week. We should get together, Lisa too, and have dinner or something. How about German hotcakes? J/K

Lisa said...

To make a link: Type in the word first, like "hotcakes" then highlight it and push the link button, there you can paste in the actual web address. =)