Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Days Gone Bye-Bye

Where did October go? Well, I'll tell you it passed by so fast and here we are already in the middle of November getting ready to eat turkey! Here are just of few of the highlights that have taken place since my brief absence from blog land.

October 12 we could be found in Santa Fe enjoying the perfect weather and company with good friends. The above picture is Beth's backyard which I just love! (She moved to Santa Fe and I moved to the East Mountains so we are no longer Westsiders!) We drove up to her house after church and had a very yummy minestrone soup (which by the way, I made again and it didn't even come close to Beth's - What's the secret Beth?) We sat under her grape arbor looking through scrapbooks and just talking. You know those friends that you don't get to see that often but when you do get to see them you can start talking like it was yesterday? Beth is that friend. It is like she is always there even if shes not. Thanks Beth!

Here is the gang of boys chowing down on the soup. Chris and Beth have twin boys and they are almost 5! I can remember when they were born. They were so tiny and now they are bigger than Isaac. Isaac still talks about that fun day. Mostly because he came home with a good sized cut on his chest that turned into a scar. We still aren't really sure how it got there. It could have been a stick or a bite. Evey time the story is told I get a different version. Boys.

Isaac had a pumpkin party at school. They sang songs and carved pumpkins. Good times.

I made the spider cupcakes. I was going to make scarecrow cupcakes but in order to do that you had to roll out a gum drop for the hat. Well, have you ever rolled out a gum drop. I did one and decided it was not going happen 20 more times! It stuck to the rolling pin. So, I came up with these cute spiders.
Batman! That is all I heard when these costumes were on the boys. Yes, I made them homemade! Even the hat with the bat ears. I made them to be really warm because it is always cold here on Halloween. It even snows sometimes. Well, this year it was very nice weather and the boys were roasting. Go figure.
Here we are at my sister's house getting ready to head out to fill our trick or treat bags. Her neighborhood goes all out for Halloween so we decided to go there this year.

Nana and Papa are full of the Halloween spirit. Here they are reading Halloween stories to the boys and listening to Halloween music. The boys thought this was really cool!
Today I was at Costco eating lunch with the boys and my Mom. The table next to us was filled with four business people also eating their lunch. They must have worked in some swanky office because every one of them was decked out in fancy suites. The ladies had on very high heels and carried designer bags and of course they had their nails and hair done along with perfect make-up. They were talking business and being kinda loud like they owned the place. The boys were being boys so my mom bribed them with an ice cream if they would settle down. I thought we were bothering the yuppie people because they kept looking at us. Finally one lady said, "Gotta go, I have a one o'clock." She got up and smiled at us and left. The rest soon followed. The man was the last to get up and leave and as he did he said to me, "Those are two very lucky boys." It made my day. Here I was worrying that my family was causing them to have a not so pleasant lunch when it turned out they were watching us because it made them happy.
I am so thankful that I get to stay home with my boys and watch them grow up. I am able to help in the class, make costumes, and kiss hurt fingers. I read to my boys every day and we try and do some type of art work everyday. It is not always easy. Actually, a lot of the time it is not easy but I wouldn't trade it. I am happy I was with my boys at Costco today instead of being one of the business people watching us. Maybe they were thinking of their own little ones and wishing they were with them.

1 comment:

Misty said...

Awwww, make me cry on the end of that one. Too sweet Nicole. You're lucky to have your mama so close.
Misty