Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 - The First 6 Months

January was cold so we were inside a lot. Here is one project we did from the Book of Boys. Pirate hats! It was a full moon. I only know this because Mike tried to take a picture of it with the camera. I went to some quilting meetings and tried to find some time to sew.

February Isaac went for allergy testing. We found out what we already knew. He is very allergic to cats and weeds. The boys went to a really cool dentist that even has a small front door to his office for kids. On Valentines day we went to the circus and then came home and ate cake and ice cream for dinner. Mike and I were able to get away thanks to my Parents - they watched the boys. We went to Washington, DC and had a great time. I started working on a quilting project that would eventually end up hanging in the Rio Rancho Library. It was a group project so I can only take credit for a small part of it.

March made me 33 years old! I decided to get highlights in my hair which were really cool until the bleached part of the highlights started to break off. We started to have a fence built around some of our property.

March 12 Mike and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. We also went to Florida and visited Disney world, the beach, cousins, museums, petting zoos, and Universal studios. This time we took the boys and they had a blast!

April was Easter so we colored eggs with friends and went to Nana and Papa's house for some fun. Isaac joined T-ball and it snowed and snowed so some of the games were canceled. Isaac and Eric were also in a jog-a-thon for Isaac's preschool to raise money.

May warmed up a little so the boys took advantage of it and played outside. Isaac learned to ride a 2 wheeler and now he is zooming all over the place. Eric is not for behind him on his tricycle. I went to a really nice quilt show in Albuquerque. We celebrated Mother's day, my sister Lisa's graduation from UNM with her Mater's degree, Isaac's graduation from preschool and Lisa's birthday.
June was Eric's 3rd birthday and he was all into Thomas the train. Isaac and Eric started swim lessons. I planted a garden in the raised garden beds Mike made for me. We had side walks put in on both sides of our house. I went on a chicken coop tour - yes you read that right! I want chickens and Mike says they are just coyote bait.

Mike turned 36 years old! We also celebrated my Dad's birthday and Father's day. We went on a camp out with friends from church. It was fun until it started to rain. The boys and I also did summer craft projects to pass the lazy days of summer.

No comments: