Saturday, May 26, 2012

So, I have made some things in the last few months between taking care of a new baby and trying to keep my house in some kind of order. I feel like we live in organized chaos! I wish I had more time to get everything done but I know that is what all mom's wish they had. I just have to make the most of the little time I have. 
For my sister's baby shower I wanted to make this cute quilt I found on Moda Bake Shop. I loved the words - eat, play, sleep, repeat - all that was missing was poop!  This pretty much sums up what a baby does all day.  I ran out of time to make the quilt so I appliqued the words on fabric added some taggies out of ribbon and backed it with flannel.  It was done in no time and I didn't have to quilt it!

My Mom went all out and made this really cool quilt.  She cut out and appliqued every number!  It came out great!

This is the back of the quilt which I think is just as nice as the front.  I really like how quilter's are starting to make the backs as interesting as the fronts.

A friend of mine had a baby early and he was put in the NICU for a little over a week.  I had found this cute crochet owl hat which I was intending to make for my sister's baby but it came out really tiny for some reason.  So, I thought it would be better to give to my friend who had a tiny baby.  Tiny baby - tiny hat,  worked out perfect!  Come to find out, she decorated her nursery in owls!  She was very happy to receive this.  (Isaac thought it was cute and wants me to make one for Jacob).

In April the boys had school spirit week and were supposed to wear a school t-shirt.  Well, I never bought them one because I thought they were way to expensive. So, the night before they were to wear their shirts I was up very late making these!  I copied an image off the internet, traced it onto freezer paper, cut it out with an exacto knife, ironed it onto the shirt and then painted it with fabric paint.  I had never done this before so I was crossing my fingers that it worked.  I think they came out ok and they were much cheaper and more original than the purchased school shirts.  The boys thought they were just ok and were not crazy about wearing them.  Oh well!  I tried.

These are little amigurumi crochet animals.  Amigurumi is the Japanese art of crocheting little dolls or animals.  The crochet work is done sorta in a spiral and then stuffed.  I love making these!  I am working on a few others right now.  Anyway, these were also made for my sister to put in her nursery.  This hippo and and white elephant went perfect with her jungle theme.  See that little ultra sound picture in the back?  That's my new nephew!

No comments: