This is actually November 26. I knew we were going to have a very busy first two weeks of December so I decided to get the tree up early. Here are our two little helpers decorating the tree. I think they were more interested in going up the ladder! How do like their decorating?
Eric wants to get to the top of the ladder so bad! He tried all night.
On November 30 we went to Durango, Colorado to go on a train ride. It was not just any train ride, it was the Polar Express! Isaac loved it! It was just like the movie. When we got to Durango we checked into the hotel and then went right to the train station. It was raining which added to the whole experience. We were all bundled up and excited to go on our magical ride. We were given golden tickets which the conductor then took from us and punched them to make "snow" fall all over us. Right before the train left the station the "chef's" gave out hot chocolate and rice crispy treats to everyone and then they started to read the Polar Express story to us. While they read and also sang songs we chugged through the town and back woods and were able to see a lot of Christmas lights.
Santa's Elf gave Isaac and Eric the magic bell that only people who believe in the true meaning of Christmas can hear. Isaac thought this was to cool! Eric was not to impressed and thought spilling his hot-coco and making a fuss was more fun!
When we got a ways up the mountain the train stopped and there outside was Santa, his reindeer and elves all lined up and waving to us from a wonderful display of lights and Christmas decorations! Santa then came aboard the train and talked to every child on the train and asked them what their Christmas wish was. Isaac said he would like a Polar Express train please. He was so grown up and even remembered to us his manners. Eric just sucked on his fingers and smiled. After the train ride we ran back to our Jeep Commander (which we had to rent because our van was in the shop! Actually, it worked out well and Isaac thought it was awesome to ride in the jeep.) Throughout this entire trip I thought I was going to kill over! I had a fever that would not go away and I was totally freezing and aching. I didn't know it at the time but when we got home I went to the urgent care and discovered I had strep throat, a bad cold, and was on the verge of an ear infection and sinus infection. I guess that would explain the wanting to kill over part! Oh, and to add fuel to the fire we ran into a childhood friend of mine and his family! I looked liked crap and was doing all I could do to just sit up! I had not seen them in awhile and I was so embarrassed!
Here it is December 11 and we have snow! It was so pretty!
December 15 was a big day for Mike's brother Joe. He graduated from UNM was a degree in business. This picture was taken at Johnson Gym where the ceremony was held.
Mike and I are at the graduation holding Mike's new nephew Kaden. Mike's parents are in the back ground.
If you look close you can see Joe walking across the bridge to receive his diploma.
Mike and I hosted Joe's graduation party at our house. Here is the happy Grad with his cake.
From left to right we have: Joe, just graduated and looking to land his first real job out of college. Becky, mother to three girls and one boy and lives in Florida. Melanie, mother to 4 boys! Lives in Arizona. Mike, father to our two boys and lives in New Mexico most of the time except for when he is traveling over three months out of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment