
This year we made pumpkin pancakes and shaped them like turkeys for breakfast. Our "turkeys" got a little well done but the boys loved them! I got the idea from a blog I found called
My Little Gems. She has lots of fun ideas. We usually don't have a big breakfast on Thanksgiving but this year we did because my dad had to work later in the day and would miss out on the big dinner.

Isaac and Eric thought it funny to eat a turkey pancake!

We had snow for most of the day. It was a perfect day for it. All the smells of the food cooking a warm fire burning and snow falling along with a happy family. We have a lot to be thankful for.

I made homemade cranberry sauce again this year but Eric wasn't sure he liked it. Even with all the added sugar it still has a tangy taste to it.

Isaac was hungry so he ate up. He was more excited over the punch I made. It had ginger ale in it so he thought he was so big because I let him drink it. I rarely let my kids drink any type of soda so this was a special treat for him.
This year I made:
1 turkey breast
sparkling cranberry punch
1 quart cranberry juice cocktail
6-oz. can frozen orange juice, thawed
6-oz. can frozen lemonade, thawed
2 cups cold water
2 cups ginger ale
orange slices
ice
I don't thaw the juices all the way. I leave them very slushy so the punch is cold. Combine all ingredients and garnish with orange slices. I always double this recipe.
No comments:
Post a Comment