So, there you have it. I do have some other fun pictures I took in December but it is 11:00pm and my head and neck are killing me so they will have to wait for another time. Hopefully not as long this time!
Monday, January 12, 2009
Our Andventures (Most of them Anyway) In December 2008
I know Christmas and the holiday season has been over for awhile now, but here is what we were up to during this fun time of year!
On December 5 we trekked up to Durango, Colorado with my mom, sister, and brother in law to take a ride on the Polar Express train ride. The above picture is of Eric and Isaac at the hotel in their pajamas before the ride.
The weather was perfect in Durango. I wish it had snowed a little like it did last year just to add to the whole Polar Express experience. Last year when we went it did snow and it made it fell a little more magical.
Every time Eric sees Santa he says, Ho, ho, ho! He thought the train ride was really cool and loved the silver bell Santa gave him.
Isaac made his bell ring nonstop all the way back to the train station! I think I can still hear it in my head!
The next day everyone went shopping except for Mike and Isaac. They stayed at the hotel to swim. Here is Nana strolling down the streets in historic Durango with Eric.
On December 12 Isaac was a Shepard in the children's primary Christmas program at church. I only had a day notice so the costume was not that great. Thank goodness he had that bright red bath robe! Mike had to work so I took the boys and tried to video tape the program. It didn't come out that well and Isaac didn't really sing so I guess it was no big deal.
This was the picture I used on our Christmas card this year. Isaac was so excited to sit on Santa's lap! Eric wasn't so sure. This picture was taken at our friend's house during her Christmas party. The boys had a blast there!
Santa asked the boys if they had been good this year and they both said yes! Can you believe that?! I almost fainted!
December 16 was a fun snow day. I bundled the boys up and they played in the snow for a good chunk of time. They even built a snowman which for some reason I didn't get a good picture of.
That little fox looking dog in the back ground is Bailey and she is the new addition to our family. I have no idea how I get my self into these things and someone reminded me it is because I say YES! This year I will practice saying NO!
After playing in the snow Nana came over and rolled out gingerbread cookies with the boys. They sipped hot co-co and ate warm cookies. What a life!
December 17 we finally got around to putting decorations on the tree. Mike had put the tree up about a week before with the lights but no ornaments. I just didn't want to do it this year for some reason. Maybe it is because I have two little boys who love to take ornaments off Christmas trees! Anyway, Lisa and Katie came over and helped the boys and myself drag out some, only some, of the ornaments and decorate. Thanks guys!
Isaac and Eric were really into decorating the tree ~ and they were really into undecorating the tree and hiding the ornaments all over the house! Just as I predicted!
The boys found these Santa hats and are still wearing them around the house! Isaac calls his his sleeping cap and looks for it every night before he goes to bed!
Christmas Eve Aunt Samia came over (poor Uncle Joe had to work) with some awesome gifts for us and reindeer antlers for the boys. Then we headed over to my Mom's where we ate tons and opened some gifts.
Here we are checking how close Santa is to our house. Can you believe you can track him online?
When we got home the boys left their letters for Santa along with milk and cookies. Isaac also left out his soccer trophy, pictures he had made and tickets from the Polar Express ride. He said he wanted Santa to see some of his special things.
The next morning on Christmas day the boys woke up to a nice letter from Santa and a white Christmas! It was so pretty.
This is what our living room looked like before the boys woke up. My Mom always made Christmas special and I am trying to do the same. It is so much work!
Opening stockings is always fun! I did have other Christmas pajamas for the boys but I guess these were their favorites because all the pictures I have taken they are in them!
Here I am, barley awake in my old lady bathrobe, hair not combed, but with my lipstick on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad you finally posted Christmas pictures - slacker! I love the one of the tree and presents before the boys woke up, it all looks so picturesque.
I'm glad you had such a great Holiday!! Your house looks so beautiful. And, your kids are so cute!
Post a Comment