Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Quilts, Quilts, Quilts!

Barbara made this super cute nativity for me. She used wool and stitched it by hand! I wish the picture would have come out better because the details on some the blocks is really great. I love it and wanted one but never would have had the time to actually finish one. Thanks Barbara! I can't wait to put it up next year!
This is going to be my challenge project for the year I think! The clock pictured above was blown up and then cut up and given to the members in my UFO quilt group. The black and white copy is my "pattern" and section of the clock that I have to recreate. Everyone will use their own ideas, fabrics, and talents to make their section of the clock and then we will put it all together and see what we get!

I have joined an on-line fabric exchange. I love to read blogs and some how came across this one and the nice person who writes the blog said she would like to make a charm quilt and asked if people were interested. So, late one night when I should have been asleep I signed up!


Here I am cutting and stacking my 3x3 inch squares for the exchange. Today I got 7 envelopes in the mail with squares in them. It was so much fun to get fun mail! I also think it is so much fun to see what people all over the U.S. and the world (we have people in Luxembourg, Japan, and the UK) send. I have never met the quilters but I am sure they are good people because, honestly, have you ever met a quilter you didn't like?

Oh, and yes, I did cut and color my hair in-case anyone noticed! That was fun also!

2 comments:

poppyart said...

Your hair looks lovely! And thank you so much for the links to other bloggers in the block exchange - I am a bit dim when it comes to this sort of thing. The clock challenge looks great fun, what happens to the finished project? Is it like trophy-sharing when you get to keep it at home for a few weeks of the year!!?? Looking forward to seeing the blocks as finished products - which means I need to get moving. Bridget

Lisa said...

I'm glad the exchange is working out and you're actually getting blocks in the mail. Sounds like fun.