Thursday, May 2, 2013

sick days

I got hit with the stomach flu last Friday night.  At first I thought it was food poising because it came on so fast and no one else was getting sick.  I was totally sick for two days in bed most of the time.  On Sunday I was starting to feel better and then Eric got sick!  He was home for two days.  On the third day he said his stomach still felt a little strange but I sent him to school anyway.  I had had my fill of watching Myth Busters  and Harry Potter all day.  Once Isaac heard how much tv Eric got to watch his stomach started to hurt also and he wanted to stay home.  I told him - nice try!  If you throw up then you can stay home.  So far no one else has gotten the bug.  I just feel a cold coming on!  Maybe it is this crazy weather we are having.  I was wearing shorts a few days ago and today it didn't even hit 50.

Bailey

Of course when it rains it pours. On one of the days Eric was home sick Bailey come in from being outside with blood dripping from both sides of her head.  We can't figure out what she got into but whatever it was it was getting infected so I had to take her to the vet.  She got both side of her head shaved and is now on antibiotics and pain pills.  I do have to say it is lots quieter around here now that she isn't feeling well!  She just wants to be in her bed instead of barking at everything.  I think she is feeling a little better because she was barking a little more today.

I also had to call back the plumber because our shower got another leak again!  Hopefully this time everything is fixed for good!  I am also getting some stucco work done on our house and some painting inside and outside.  We have been here seven years and this house just needs a little touch up work in some places.  Life with three little boys and three dogs gets very messy!

No comments: