Saturday, April 20, 2013

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

We have had a cold snap the last few days.  On Wednesday it started to snow and got really cold and windy.  Lucky for us we only got a dusting.  We have already ordered an extra cord of wood this winter I would hate to have to get more!
Snow in April!  This was taken when the snow was just starting to fall.
Thursday was a busy afternoon with both boys having soccer practice at the same time at different soccer fields and Mike having a Round Table meeting for scouts right after soccer practice.  I knew we were going to be busy so I made dinner early.  It was still cold and a few snow flurries were flying around so I wanted to make something that was hardy and would warm the boys up for a cold practice.  I made meat loaf ( in our case turkey loaf) sweet potatoes, asparagus and a salad.  For breakfast I made steel cut oats in the slow cooker over night.  They came out pretty good.  All we had to do in the morning was scoop and serve.

Friday I made homemade pizza and salad.  I will have to find the recipes I used for the pizza crust and steel cut oats and post them here.  They were worth making again.

Mike and the boys are at soccer games while I am home with Jacob so he can get a good nap in.  I hate missing the games but we are all happier when Jacob gets a good nap!

No comments: