Thursday, September 27, 2007

Vacation San Jose

We are back from vacation. ~My exclamation mark is not working - I need a new key board.~ Actually, we have been back but I have been really busy and Mike has been gone this week. Here are a few pictures of our trip to San Jose, CA. We went there because Mike and a conference to attend so the family decided to tag along since he was going to be gone the following week also. We had a great time and I have tons of pictures to share. I am having a hard time getting them to upload and this key board is cracking up so I will have to wait to post more until I can get some computer help. Any takers??? Lisa, Brian, Mike...... :) Anyway, here are the few I managed to upload and not get an error message on.


Isaac was so excited to go on a plane. He has been many times before but he was lots younger.



Eric did very good for his first plane ride. Here he is with Nana. Nana brought her "Nana bag" which was full of fun goodies for the boys. Every time one started to get board or fussy she pulled out another fun surprise.



O.k., so packing light is not our strong point. All this junk is for us. we actually did us most of it and we were very thankful to have brought warmer clothes along with summer clothes because it was actually cooler in CA than NM. Go figure.




This was the first full day of our vacation and also the day my wallet was stolen. We went to the flea market which was recommend to us by some locals. There are over 2,000 vendors selling mostly the same junk. We thought we would see lots of old stuff and maybe find something really unique. No, it was all mostly new stuff that you could buy at a dollar store. The cool stuff was all the fruits and veggies local farmers were selling. If I lived there I would have a very full freezer. Anyway, I had bought some hats for the boys. I had paid cash of course and then I put the rest of my money in my wallet and then put that in the diaper bag and zipped it up and then put that in the bottom of the stroller. About 15 minutes later I went to make another purchase and my wallet was gone. There was just enough room unzipped in my diaper bag were the thief slipped my wallet out. I was standing behind the stroller the whole time but had turned sideways to it to look at the booths. That was just enough time for someone, who I think must have been watching me, to unzip my bag and get my wallet out. I retraced my steps, just in case and found nothing. I found a police officer and reported it right away. I canceled my check card and called the bank. The police officer took down the information and then told be to check lost and found. He said most of the time the thieves will take the cash and through the wallet and everything else away. Well can you believe it. My wallet had been found in a men's toilet by a cleaning crew. Everything was in there except the cash. Which was only about $35.00. Lucky for me I never carry much cash. I usually don't have any. I was so happy to get my driver's license back. I was so worried about getting back on the airplane to come home. It was a pain but I got everything back except for the small amount of cash. I think that was the best way to get robbed.





This was taken the next day at a place called Happy Hallow.
http://www.hhpz.org/hh-info/visitors.php It is a nice place to take small kids. They have rides and a small zoo. While we were there I was trying to get a picture of this jaguar. He was pacing so fast I was not able to get a good picture of his face. I had taken about five pictures before I got this one. I think he was mad at me because this is him right before he jumped at me. I am so thankful for the thick glass wall that was between us.






Isaac was so happy climbing trees. He went up so far I wasn't sure if he was going to be able to get down. He did fine. I just had a mild heart attack.





Here are Isaac and Eric enjoying their snacks from the way over priced snack bar at the Winchester House. http://www.winchestermysteryhouse.com/ We went there after Happy Hallow. The Winchester House was very strange. Visit the web site and see for yourself. We took a tour that was over an hour long. Strollers were not allowed so I had to carry Eric the entire time. Thankfully I had my baby sling with me so it was not a big deal. Isaac did great. He even remembered a lot of what the tour guide said. During the tour the guide asked if anyone was from San Jose. Isaac raised his little hand and said, "I'm from San Jose. I just moved here." It was so cute. He was so serious. I then informed the guide that yes, we just "moved" to San Jose for 6 days and would then be going back to our real home in New Mexico.
Hopefully, someone can help me soon so I can post the rest of our vacation. Mike will back tomorrow. He is actually back in CA. Maybe we should move there. Mike spends more time there than here. I found a one bedroom one bathroom dump for almost 1 million dollars. Can you believe that.





1 comment:

Misty said...

You gettin' on my case for not posting and all you got is one little post. HAH! JK. BTW I love the picture you got of Isaac and the bubbles. Don't you just love having a "fast" camera to catch those great moments? Misty