Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Halloween Party

Hello! Yes, some people actually read this blog and have asked me why I haven't blogged in awhile. Well, NO TIME is the main reason. Since I have started to exercise that has taken up what little free time I do have. At least it has paid off. I have lost over 20 pounds! I still hate to exercise and I have to force myself to do it, but I do it. I will try and keep up with the blog more often. I have missed some major events in our life. The biggest one is Issac has turn 4! He is so happy that he is 4. He loves to tell everyone he is 4 and says he is an adult now. Funny kid! The balloon fiesta was held in Albuquerque and we went to a night glow which the kids loved. On Sunday we got our fist little bit of snow. Isaac was sad that it didn't stick because he wanted to play in it. Eric has started to say some words and is very busy playing all day. Lisa and Brian had a Halloween party that Mike and I went to. I love Halloween so here are some pictures of our big night out.


There was a pumpkin contest at the party but you had to come with a pre-carved pumpkin. Isaac was more then willing to help Daddy with this job. (See the spiderman decorations still hanging up from Isaac's birthday. He is all about spiderman these days.)



This is the spider cake I make every year for Halloween. Just bake a cake from the box using two round pans. (This year I thought it would be fun to make a blood red cake so when you cut into the cake it looks like the spider is bleeding!) Frost with chocolate icing- I always add black food coloring but I have done a brown spider also. Make the spider furry by lifting the icing with a knife all over the body. Add 8 pipe cleaners for legs along with plastic googly eyes and vampire teeth. It is so easy and is always a big hit. ~How do you like my cake stand? I got it while we were in San Jose, CA! I love it!



He we are! Mike is Napoleon Dynamite and I am some kind of a witch. I also got my hat in San Jose.

This is the pumpkin Mike and Isaac carved. We got second place.

I also made mashed potato ghosts. Mine are the ones on the left. I used a cookie cutter for a template and olives for eyes and mouths.


This was meat loaf or "foot loaf". Other people made this so I am not sure how they did it. I think it is just a meat loaf recipe shaped into a cut off foot. The toe nails were almonds. Yummy!


Grave yard cup cakes


Deviled eggs that look like blood shot eyes



















2 comments:

Misty said...

Finally, she posts! Can't believe you got on my case for not posting! Silly, silly, lady. Had a great time talking with you today. See you Saturday. LOVE your spider cake. You'll have to give me some tips on how to get rounds not to fall apart.
Misty

Silly Teacher said...

Cute spider cake! Yay on 20 pounds!