About 9:30 this morning my little Eric smashed his chubby little baby fingers on his left hand. He had climbed onto a kitchen chair and was standing on it. The chair was wedged next to another chair. He some how manged to fall over and hit the floor. I think on the way down his fingers got caught between the two chairs. He was crying and not stopping so I thought something must really be wrong. He loves to suck on his fingers on his left hand (the ones he smashed) and because he was doing this I thought they must not hurt very much. About 45 minutes later I got a better look at the fingers and noticed they were swelling up. So we were off to the urgent care. Three hours later and three x-rays later I was told he had no broken bones or torn ligaments just really swollen fingers. I am glad I took him in because if I didn't I would have kept wondering if I needed to. On the way home he fell asleep and stayed asleep for a long time. When he woke up he was using his hand like he normally would. No problems!
No comments:
Post a Comment