Yesterday was a very hard day for me and my family. Our almost 16 year old Miniature Schnauzer Shadow had to be put to sleep. It was a very hard decision for me to make. I didn't want her to suffer anymore. We were told a few months ago that she had a large tumor in her stomach. We did everything we could for her to be comfortable and happy. She had lost a lot of weight and was not eating regularly. She would have her good days and bad days. On Tuesday of this week I had taken her to the vet and had bought a lot of different vitamins and other things for her because she was doing a little better. She had a really good day that day. The very next day she had a seizure of some kind and went to bed for 24 hours. She was not responsive and the look in her eyes told me she was tired and ready to be put to rest. I called the vet and had her come out to the house. What made it harder for me was the fact that after her 24 hour sleep, she was actually up and walking around and eating. Mike along with the rest of my family agreed it was time. Shadow had been a very good dog to our family and we all loved her. We will miss her. We buried her under the new ponderosa pine trees I just had planted in our yard. It was a hard night for all of us. I had actually pulled it together and was putting Isaac to bed when I lost it again. In his bed time prayer he asked Heavenly Father to please bring Shadow back to life again because he wanted to play with her and then he started to cry. I knew my tough little guy had a soft spot. Anyway, yes, we are very attached to our pets! Molly, our other Miniature Schnauzer won't eat and is kinda walking the house looking for Shadow. It is so sad! I know in time we will all be fine and we will remember the good times we had together.
1 comment:
I'm so sorry! Hope you are all doing better!
Post a Comment