At the beginning of the year a teacher came to the quilt group I am in and taught us how to make faces out of fabric. Our challenge was to do a self portrait! How scary is that! Then someone got the idea to give them to Anne T. for her 75th birthday! So we had to finish them. Nothing like a dead-line to make you get something done. Here are the finished projects. They will make you smile!

This is Ann T. opening a birthday gift. She doesn't know what's about to come her way!

My Mom, Jean, also know as Miss Poka -dot!

Colleen - I bet she dyed that fabric herself!

Barbara - Love the money signs!

JoAnn with her wild hair and ruby red necklace!

Joy - Great hair and boobs! Check her out! Hubba, hubba!

Lynn - if you look close you can see horses in her eyes!

Gaye - Flower Power!

Margaret - Love the eyes!

Me! Nicole - Gotta have my purple eye shadow!

Delores - We will all miss you! Delores passed away a few weeks ago after living a long life. Happy quilting in Heaven!

Ann wasn't at the meeting because she was in Scotland! What fun!

Virginia with her baby blue eyes!

Donna - The words say, "I have an idea!" And boy does she ever!

Here we all are!
3 comments:
Yours looks just like you. No one could mistake that purple eyeshadow for somebody else!
What nice photos of all our friends and their fabric alter egos! Thanks for making them available for us all to see.
How cute!! What a fun (and Difficult) project. I think I've told you that my mom is really into quilting now. She has made all of my kids cute quilts for their rooms. She is going to teach me soon! :) (I hope...) You know, they do this great big quilters "Shop Hop" all throughout the Salt Lake Valley every year. Maybe you and your mom and Lisa should come up!!!...you'd have a place to stay!
Post a Comment