I can't believe a month has passed since I last posted. This winter my boys have been so sick I feel like that is all I write about. Every month since Feb. Eric has had something major. RSV, flu, pneumonia (sp?), and this past week both boys have the stomach flu! Let's just say I have become an expert at cleaning up yucky stuff in the middle of the night!
In April Mike had to go to Colorado Springs for a conference. This would have been the third week in a row that he was out of town so we decided I would take the family up to Colorado a few days after Mike was there so we could have a little get away. What we had planned was the following: My Mom would go up with us to help with the kids. While Mike was at work we would go to the zoo and Garden of the Gods, On Friday when Mike was done with work my Mom would keep the kids and Mike and I would go the Broadmore to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. The following day we would all go up to see Barbara and her family - which is always fun!
This is what happened: Mike left on the airplane for Colorado. A few days later Isaac started to get sick. I took him to the doctors and he had a sinus infection. I started to feel really sick but decided to ignore it because I was determined to go on this trip! Eric was not sick -yet. We left for Colorado on Wednesday. The drive was very easy and the hotel we had was great. The weather was cold and snowy! The day we got there we went and did some shopping and then went back to the hotel. The next day it was cold and snowy again. Instead of the zoo and Garden of the Gods we drove all over Colorado Springs just looking around and then hung out at Barns and Noble in the kids section. What fun! That night Mike and I went to the movies and saw 21. Very good. We came right back to the hotel because I was really getting sick now. But I was still ignoring it! Friday, the day of our romantic get away we decided to cancel because now Eric was starting to get sick. We drove to Barbara's house in Johnstown to visit her and her family. About an hour after we got there we went to the urgent care for myself and Eric. I had bronchitis and they thought Eric might have pneumonia! We went and got our medicine and then headed back to Barbara's. The next day we did get to have a little fun. We went shopping with Barbara, Jen and Rachelle and I bought some Polish Pottery. My Mom has been buying this for awhile and now I am hooked on it! Anyway, Mike stayed at home with the boys so I could drag myself to the quilt shops and junk stores! When we got back Mike said we should take Eric to the ER because he was breathing strange. Good thing we did, a chest x-ray showed pneumonia! We cut our trip short and came back home.
So, there you have it. This is how things have been going the past few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment