Monday, February 16, 2009

Some Feb. Highlights So Far

The boys had a very nasty cold the end of Jan. which lasted weeks into Feb. Isaac is still coughing a little from it. Here they are in their Star Wars tent in sleeping bags trying to milk it for all it's worth!

Smoothies made them feel better so we made berry smoothies with yogurt and soy milk. They are very yummy even when you are not sick!
Feb. 5 Isaac went for allergy testing. I know, shocking right? Given his Mom (me) and my side of the family seem to suffer with allergies. Turns out he is very allergic to cats and wild grasses and weeds along with some trees. Isaac did really well during the test. I think it is because some very smart nurse set up a tv in the exam room with Disney movies in it and let Isaac pick any movie he wanted. Genius! Isaac thought this picture was so cool of his back and the allergic reactions on it.

I just love this picture taken Feb. 12 of the boys reading together. They both love stories and will sit and read or look at books for very long stretches of time.

Also on Feb. 12 the boys went to the dentist for a cleaning. We tried out a new pediatric dentist and they did great! The whole office was fun for them. How cute is this little door?!

Having fun in the waiting room.

Playing basketball in the waiting room.

The dentist gives each kid a pair of sun glasses so the bright light won't bother them during the cleaning.

Isaac loves his glasses. Once we left the dentist he took the dark lenses out and declared to everyone that he now needs glasses to see. He has been wearing them without lenses since this dental visit.

X-rays for Isaac.

X-rays for Eric.

I think it was so nice that both boys were in the same room getting a cleaning at the same time. This made it go faster and I think they enjoyed it more.

Reward time! They were so good! I was starting to wonder whose kids these were they were so good! I mean really. They were the BEST! Oh, they even were enrolled in the no cavities club!


1 comment:

Mary said...

Can I have the name of your allergist? I might need to take Dave in and that sounds like a great place for kinds. Thanks!
Mary (Maryrharper AT yahoo DOT com)