Tuesday, July 27, 2010

January - February 2010

Here I am playing catch up again on my blog. I really should write more because this is a great way for me to document what we have been doing. We haven't really done anything out of this world spectacular- just everyday life that is spectacular in it's own way!

January:

Isaac saying hi to his new baby cousin London. Mike's brother and sister-in-law live outside of Santa Fe so it took us a few weeks to get up there to visit London for the first time. She is a very calm and happy baby - her parents are so lucky!

This is what Eric did one cold January day. He was being very quiet which is the signal I should check on him. Well, you can't tell in this picture but the bathroom floor was soaked along with his clothes, towels, and counter tops. He was washing his cars with socks on his hands! He was having such a great time I just let him keep at it.

Can you tell this is our attempt at a snow man? I think the boys named him Fred.

Isaac started ski club after the winter break from school. This was his very first time on skis and he did great. They really move them along fast. There was only one problem. My Mom had put toe warmers inside his ski boots and one of them somehow wiggled up to his shin. Isaac kept telling me his foot hurt but would not let me take off his boot to check it out. After his two hour lesson I pulled off his boot and discovered a huge blister on his leg from the toe warmer. This turned out to be between a second and third degree burn which sent us to a burn specialist at University Hospital. Fake skin had to be but on his burn along with lots of medication and special care. We went to many doctors visits for the next few months. Moral of the story - do not use toe warmers!

Isaac and Eric love their cars so we went to a really cool car show. This car was one of my favorites - it is just like a red wagon.

February:

More snow! I love snow days when the fire is going, something yummy is simmering on the stove, a football game is playing on the t.v. and everyone is just puttering around the house.

Eric and I took a walk in the moon light after a big snow.

This is Isaac's first trip up the ski lift. I had no idea they would send him up there! I thought the first year of ski lessons they would keep him on the bunny hill. First he went up with the instructor...
and then he went up with another kindergartner! How crazy it that! This is Isaac and Andrew having a blast doing what all little boys love doing - risking their lives!

Mr. Isaac after he came down the mountain and ready for more. Another thing I didn't know - they don't give kids ski poles. They just go down the mountain without them. Who knew!

If this face doesn't make you laugh nothing will! My little Eric is so silly! I actually had him taking ski lessons but he didn't like the wind blowing in his face. I pulled him around on skis using a ski pole and then decided he would be better off staying with my Mom once a week until ski lessons were over. Maybe next year will be his big year!

No comments: