Friday, July 30, 2010

April 2010

April was a busy month - Isaac started soccer, it snowed, Easter came, my bulbs that were not eaten by gophers bloomed, prairie dogs started to invade our property (they still are - any ideas on how to get rid of them) Thimble weeds quilt show was on display, I went to book club, quilting, helped out at the schools, started planning out first school garden, church stuff... the list goes on and on!

I almost thought I messed up coloring Easter eggs this year. I forgot to buy white eggs. I only buy brown eggs because I can get them from my neighbor or other people I know and let's face it, I just like how they look. Makes me think of living on a farm without having to do all the work! Anyway, I just boiled up the brown eggs I had and hoped for the best. It worked out just fine. Good thing!

The Easter bunny hide the Easter baskets a little harder this year. Eric was starting to get upset because he couldn't find his. Finally, with a little help, he found it behind a chair and all was well in the world again.

We to Nana and Papa's house for a big egg hunt and Easter dinner with all the family.

These cute dogs belong to my sister Lisa and her husband Brian. Lilly is the black one and the other one is Gryphon. They look very calm in this picture. Don't let this picture fool you! Gryphon can run so fast you will never catch him and Lilly, well Lilly is just a crazy fun dog. They were all tired out from the Easter fun.

London came for a visit and her Mom who knows how to can beans came to show me how to do it. This year I plan on buying beans from a local farm and canning them. This way is so much cheaper and there is nothing added. Just beans, plain good beans.

I had to beg Eric to look at the camera. He was way to busy playing on this jungle gym. We had gone to a cousins 1st birthday at a new park and he wanted me to leave him alone.

Isaac gave his peace sign and was on his way. Every picture I take of him he has to do something silly. Is it really asking to much to just give a nice smile?

This is the outdoor quilt show put on by the Thimble Weed Quilters of Rio Rancho. I used to belong to this group before we moved to the middle of now where.

See all those aprons? They were all sold and the money was given to a battered women's shelter to purchase a new washer and dryer. Of course I had to buy two because one can never have to many aprons!

My Mom made and entered this horse quilt. It was given as a gift to a friend who has horses.

My Aunt Anita has been fighting breast cancer for years. She is doing good right now but there are many highs and lows. This is the back of the quilt my Mom made for her. You should have been a fly on the wall the day Mike was trying to figure out the math and then explain it to my Mom for the breast cancer ribbon. I never laughed so hard!

This is the front. There are little sheep on some of the blocks because my Aunt likes to knit. She said knitting really helps her pass the days when she is stuck in a chair and not feeling well.

I had my camera with me when I went to pick up Eric at pre-school. He is all business when he is getting ready to leave. He has to check his cubby, get the stickers he earned for the day and put them on his chart, and then he has to go and put on his jacket and coat. So cute!

No comments: