Monday, November 29, 2010
June 2010
I thought I better hurry up and get the rest of this year added to my blog before 2011 starts. How crazy is that - I can't believe how fast time is moving. So, here I go continuing on the updates of 2010 that I started months ago.
The end of May beginning of June Barbara and Bob came down from Colorado with their Granddaughter's Sammie and Avie. The boys had a great time playing with the girls and it is always lots of fun when Barbara comes because she gets my Mom and I busy making fun things. This time when she was here we made really cute bags. I think they should come more often so we can sew, sew, sew!
Mike got another year older during the first week of June. I think I made him a homemade chocolate cake and frosting. If it is the cake I think I made him it was really yummy!
Time for swimming lessons! The boys were so excited to go to swimming lessons. I think it is great for them to go - I just don't like driving them into town everyday for two weeks straight.
This year I helped with our camp out for church. We had a pie baking contest with really great prizes, balloon toss games, roasting marshmallows and as you can see by this really cute picture of Eric, face painting and a watermelon eating contest.
Isaac declared this day he spent at Nana and Papa's house the best day of his life! My Mom (Nana) got a blow up swimming pool and put in her back yard for the boys. She then had my Dad (Papa) fill it with warm water so the boys wouldn't get cold. When it started to cool off he would keep bringing buckets of warm water. They also had water balloons and toys and bubbles galore. They ate ice cream and candy and had a blast! What a life!
This was just a fun summer day in June. I think the boys were waiting for Nana and Papa to come pick them up for more summer fun. Eric just loves his older brother. They fight like crazy sometimes but can't stand to be apart.
Mike and I planted this flower bed in mid June and by then of the summer all the plants were really big. I have to say, I have become a believer of buying native plants from a really good supplier. I used to buy plants from the big box stores and they just wouldn't take off like I thought they should or they would die. I also have brought in truck loads of soil mender and a mulch called forest floor mulch which I have dumped in everything. The growing conditions are so rough here at almost 7,000 feet elevation that all the work we have done really doesn't look like much.
This flower bed is two years old and by the end of this growing season it had doubled in size. Eric and I even found a really strange creature living in it. It looked like a miniature alligator. It was kinda creepy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment