I made paper pom-poms to hang from the celing like I has seen on Martha Stewart's web site. They are very easy to make and I think they really added to the room.
Lisa's friend Jodi helped us throw the shower and she also cut out all the cupcake wrappers and cupcake picks. They came out so cute! The picks are little books - if you look close you might be able to see them. The Little Golden Books were hard for us to find here in NM for some reason so we asked our good friend Barbara in Colorado to look for us. She found a ton of them at thrift stores and mailed them down to us.
Here is Jodi holding my little Jacob and Lisa enjoying the brunch. We made a bunch of different breakfast casseroles, fruit salad, yogurt, muffins, brown sugar bacon and lots of other yummy stuff.We only played two games. One game was based on children's books and this game she is playing was a guessing game. I filled her diaper bag with tons of baby items, blind folded her and had her guess what each item was. She did pretty good so I think her baby will be in good hands!
This little red suitcase was Lisa's when she was little. My mom kept it all these years. It says "Going to Grandma's" on it. My mom also gave me mine when I had my first baby and she also found two more at thrift stores so all three of my boys have one. They come in very handy and get used a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment