Friday, March 7, 2008
I'm Back
Can you believe on the night of my big come back to the blog world I am getting an error message!? I have been trying to upload pictures to my blog and I keep being told by Google that there is a temporary problem - try again in 30 seconds. Well, let me tell you, I have tried ever 30 seconds for about 10 minutes. I think there is more of a problem than Google wants to admit. Anyway, I am going to try and get back to blogging. I know, I sent out a Christmas card that had my blog address on it and then I didn't keep up with posting. He is the reason why. The office we keep the computer in is like an ice box! All winter long I would just come in to check e-mail and then leave before I froze. Last winter we about went broke heating our house with our central heating unit because it is run by using propane. After talking with friends who have been living out here in the mountains for years we learned that was not the recommended way to heat your house. Instead we were told to crank up the wood burning stove and never let it go out. As for the other rooms in the house that don't get heat from the burning stove we were told to put space heaters and only use them at night. Well, starting sometime around the end of October or early November we started a fire and it is still burning strong and we have not had to fill up the propane tank once this winter. As for the electric bill... It went way up from the space heaters. This is probably because I leave them on more then I should. But, electric is still way cheaper than propane. So, here it March and we just got about a foot of snow two days ago and are expecting more in a few days. The good news is Spring is almost here so the days are getting warmer and the snow doesn't stick around as long. The office is not as cold any more so I hope to be on the computer a little more. As soon as or little Eric stops destroying everything in sight I will be able to leave the office door open and get some heat in here. Maybe by next year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Finally you're back! Make sure that fire is burning strong when I come to babysit on Wednesday. Molly and Gryphon and I are going to lounge in front of it while I let the kids run wild.
Hi! I would love a little cold weather, I think my office is almost 80 degrees today and soon will be to hot to work in! I can't leave the door open either- O is a maniac in there. He loves the keyboard and any buttons he can find.
-Des
Post a Comment