Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Chili Cook-off, Church, & Home
Last Friday our ward had a Chili Cook-off and camp out. I entered two of my favorites. One was the old stand by I make for every big family get together we have. It is basically a freto pie made with ground turkey and pinto beans. The other was a veggie chili that I serve with corn bread. My neighbor, Howard, also entered. The night before the contest he saw us outside and came over to tell me, and I quote, "Don't even bother entering. I'm going to win!" Well, he is a joker and he thought he was being funny because he never would have dreamed he had a chance to win against all the Relief Society Sisters that have been cooking for years. Can you believe that rascal won! Before they announced the winner he said the same thing to all the ladies that he had told me the night before. When they announced the winner he turned bright red with embarrassed! Everyone had a good laugh and yes, his chili was very good. He puts cans of spicy V-8 juice in it. Who would have thought of doing that? It gives it a nice kick. Besides the cook-off and camp out we also had conference Saturday and Sunday. I have a confession. We ditched conference on Sunday and took a drive out to Estancia. Conference was 8:00am and Isaac had spent the night at Nana and Papa's house so he was sleeping in and we didn't get home until after 10:00pm on Saturday. So we decided a family outing was in order. We had a great time. There is really not much in Estancia. In fact, the whole town seems to be for sale. They do have a nice park with a duck pond but that is about it. Monday and today the kids and I have just been home. The house is a really big mess. You would think it would be clean since I have been home but the opposite is true. The kids drag out all the toys and books and play all day all over the house and I let them. What else is there to do on these hot summer days. We do go outside in the morning and evening but during the day it is way to hot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment