Saturday, September 6, 2008

Fall Is In The Air!

Isaac has started back to school at a new school this year. He is going to pre-kindergarten this year a little closer to home. I was worried I would not be able to get him to the school he went to last year because I have been sick and have not been driving. The school he is going to now is about 10 minutes away compared to 30 minutes and he has two friends from church in the same class. I think it will work out ok. I just really loved the last school and hated to leave it. His teacher has already caught on to my Isaac and his special ways. She tested him because she was thinking of moving him into the kindergarten class. He tested very high on everything but the teacher decided to keep him in her class because the kindergarten teacher is very strict and does not let the students move around the class much. She has them in individual desks and expects them to stay in them. This would not go over well with Isaac so his teacher has decided to take him and a few other students and create a small group for them and start them on other subjects while the assistant teacher works with the rest of the class. We will see how this goes. She said she will start this in about 1-2 weeks. So far Isaac likes his school but misses the old one.
On the first day of school the teacher let the students explore the class on their own. Isaac went straight to a workbench and put on those goggles! He loves them! He wears them just about every school day.

Today was Isaac's first day of soccer. He almost didn't make it this morning because he refused to put on his uniform. It took both Mike and I to get it on him! Mike even had to pull him out from under his bed. He said he didn't want to go to soccer and wanted me to ask for my money back and cancel it! I almost gave in but I thought, "No way, you are going. You asked to play now you have to go and give it a try." (This summer I gave in to him refusing to go to swim lessons and I didn't want to repeat that.) So after all that, we loaded the happy family (NOT!) into the van and headed to the soccer field. Once we got there and he saw his new team mates and talked to his coach he was fine. In fact, he scored the first goal for his team! He is a very good player and really enjoyed himself. When the game was over and we were going home he said more than once, "That was the best day ever!!!" What?!?!?!!! I only had to drag you there! Oh well, he loved it and now he can't wait to go again.

These little dogs and blankets are gifts for three friends all expecting boys in the next few months. I call them my "therapy dogs." I have made five of them since starting to feel better. I actually don't know what I would have done if I didn't sew while I was sick. It helped me pass the time and has really helped me with my fine motor skills.



Last Friday my Mom had a baby shower at her house for Stephanie. Actually, it was a Grandma shower because Stephanie lives in Texas now and couldn't make it into town so her Mom JoAnn got to open all the fun gifts in her place! For decorations my Mom got all the Boy's old 0-3 month outfits and hung them on a clothes line on her back porch. They were so cute and brought back so many memories for me! It kinda gave me the baby bug again! But, just kinda!




This is my baby. He is now two years old ~ where does the time go? Look at those eye lashes! When Isaac is away at school he looks all over the house calling out, "I -ik?!, I-ik?!" They fight like crazy sometimes but when one of them is not home with the other they miss each other so much. I am so happy they have each other.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I'm happy for Isaac, he'll get to build strong friendships at the new school. Eric is SUCH a cutie. I love his little quirks. Thanks SO much for the beautiful blanket and I (yes me) I love my doggie. Heehee. That picture at your mom's could be entered in a photo contest...wow.
Hugs,
See you soon for visiting teaching. Hopefully this week.

Silly Teacher said...

I LOVE the dogs! I love that we got one too!!!