I have been thinking of ways for Issac and Eric (even though he is to little yet) to learn how to give to others. We have been very blessed in our lives and I don't want my boys to take that for granted. So, last week I had Issac look through some grocery store flyers and cut out food items and tape them onto a sheet of paper. Before he did this I told him all the food pictures he cut out would become his shopping list. Once all the food was purchased we would then donate it to a local food bank. He was so excited about this! He cut out pictures of potatoes, pineapple, pumpkin, cake, frosting, sweet potatoes, cranberries, gravy, etc. While he was doing this we talked about how the food we would buy would bless a family who really needed it. He was so excited to go to the grocery store and shop. He did a great job and we were able to buy everything on his list. When we got home I had him put all his food items into a large bag. We then decided to donate the food to the Letter Carriers Food Drive which would then give the food to a local food bank. We drove to our mail box and were a little sad to find that we were the only ones donating. We left our bag and talked again about how it would help a family have a good meal. Today Isaac asked me if I thought the food had been given away yet. I told him I think so. And he said good! At least I know he will remember this experience. Today after church he even got bags and started putting his toys in them to give away! Way to go Isaac! We got rid of a giant bag of toys.
Eric has not been feeling well since Wednesday. He had his one year check up (I know I'm a little late on that) anyway, he had to get four shots and Isaac got three. Eric got a really big lump on his leg from one of the shots. He is also trying to push out his molars. I think four are trying to come in at once. He is just miserable! Which makes the rest of the family miserable! He is crying all the time and just wants to be held. I really don't mind because sometimes I think to myself, he might be my last baby so I better enjoy this while I can. They grow up so fast. Isaac still wants to held but only when it is his idea. Eric on the other hand is a Mama's boy all the way.
1 comment:
Isaac's shopping list was a great idea and it was fun to be there with you guys when he was doing his shopping. =)
Post a Comment