Monday, July 23, 2007

Another Summer Day

Today I took the boys to Nana and Papa's and from their we all went to a restaurant in Edgewood called Chilli Hills. It is a real dive but I like it. They have the best chips and salsa. We then headed to the local copy shop to copy some family history papers. I have really been wanting to research my family tree more. I have such a wide range of people that make up my family tree. I have everything from Acoma Indian to German to Spanish to Swedish and who knows what else! It would be nice to know a little more about my ancestors. So the great family tree research will begin! We also made a stop at the Edgewood Farmer's market. I bought fresh zucchini, green beans and tomatoes (since mine are not growing - I think some little critter is eating the blossoms!) And my parents bought tomatoes and an apple pie. I have to say, my apple pie is way better!

Here is a picture of the New Mexico sky. I think we have the best clouds. I love to watch them! Now if they would produce some rain, I would love them even more!

I have been working on washcloths again. Here a couple that I made yesterday. I have made many more in the past few days. Maybe 10? My wrist hurts so I decided to start work on a quilt top.

This is part of the car quilt I started for Isaac last year! It was supposed to be a gift for his 3rd birthday. When I didn't make that deadline I was supposed to make it a Christmas gift. When I didn't make that deadline I gave up! These are the wheels that will border the panel of Lighting McQueen and Mater. I was so upset that I spent all that money for a $4.00 panel (I spent over $30.00 on e-bay because I was told by the manufacture that they were not going to be making any more because it was a promotion for the movie. They lied! You can buy all over the place again!) Hopefully I will be able to get it done soon. Isaac still loves the Cars movie. In fact, Papa let him watch it at his house today. Lucky boy!







1 comment:

Misty said...

You ALWAYS make the coolest quilts. I love them. You'll have to teach me how to do the washcloths someday.
Misty