Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Park Group

I took the boys to the community center park today to meet a group of friends from church with their kids. They had lots of fun and seem to be feeling better. The weather was nice until it started to rain on us. Thankfully it was right at the same time we were starting to leave. I still had to go to the post office so I had to unload and reload the boys into the van and make a mad dash inside the post office with packages and Eric in my arms. Isaac thought the rain was fun so he really didn't hurry to much. I guess it didn't really matter. When we got in the post office he laid on the floor and drove his cars all over while we waited in line. So he was soaking wet and dirty. When we got home the boys played really well together with all their little people and farm sets. Then Eric went down for a nap and so did I! Issac would not nap so he got to watch PBS for awhile. Around 5:00pm I was waiting for Mike to get home so we could have dinner when he called and said he was going out to dinner with people from work. He had said he might do this but I forgot. From this point on the evening got rough. We had leftovers for dinner and Issac complained about eating spaghetti, again. He was getting tired so I was trying to get him to hurry up so I could give him a bath and put him to bed when the door bell rings. It's Mike's parents! I thought they were out of town! The house is a wreck, I'm a wreck from the rain and my nap and the kids are in the throws of their witching hour! What fun! They were on their way home from North Carolina and decided to stop by since they were on I-40. After they left I got both boys in the bath and into bed so I could collapse in front of the tv and watch junk!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh man a surprise visit from the in laws - that's rough.