Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Shadow Update

I took Shadow to an alternative Veterinarian today. She specializes in Chinese medicine for dogs. She said there are things we can do to make Shadow more comfortable and maybe reduce the size of the tumor she has in her tummy. Shadow is now on: Wild Alaskan Salmon Oil, some type of dietary supplement, Yunnan Baiyao to clot the blood and help with the tumor, Famotidine for nausea, Enalapril for her heart, Metacam for pain, and of course her daily fiber therapy. I have no idea what most of this stuff is but I can tell you it must taste good because her and Molly were fighting over her dog food. (I sprinkled all this stuff over her dinner tonight). I hope it helps. I will go back for a follow up in a week or two depending on how she is doing.

Today Isaac had his second swim lesson. He is really doing good! He loves to kick on the boogie board. Eric loves to watch him and seems to want to jump in the pool with him. Maybe next year he can take lessons. Except we will probably not go to the place we are going to this year. It is at a Country Club and the people are stuck up. There was a group of Moms sitting right next to me and I know one of them from a music class I took Isaac to and they would not give me the time of day. I paid my money just like they did! Ok, so my clothes are from Walmart and I don't have a designer diaper bag that matches my sandals like they do. Oh well! Maybe they will come around but right now they are not on my nice list.

I finished two books I have been reading for so long I can't remember when I started them. One is Blueberry Muffin Murder by Joanne Fluke. This is a culinary murder mystery. It was ok. The librarian recommend this to me because I told her I had read books by Diane Mott Davidson who also writes culinary murder mysteries. In these books you get the murder mystery along with new recipes to try. In both books the main character owns their own bakery or catering company, hence the culinary part of the books. They are ok if you want a fast and easy read. The other book I just read was, Paula Deen - A Memoir - It Ain't All About the Cookin'. I was shocked at some of the things this lady actually admitted to doing in her life! On her cooking tv show you think she is this sweet lady with a Polly Anna life and background. Wrong! This was a good read except she kinda goes on forever and repeats herself. Other than that I really liked it.

No comments: